• Aug 03, 2020 |

Skill Development & Industrial Training Department, Haryana

News Details

  • Haryana Govt. will set up a ‘Digital Haryana Cell’, in the Chief Minister’s Office for the effective implementation of various e-governance initiatives of the State Government: CM 23-11-2016

    • Chandigarh Nov 23- Haryana Chief Minister Mr Manohar Lal today announced to set up a ‘Digital Haryana Cell’, in the Chief Minister’s Office for the effective  implementation of various e-governance initiatives of the State Government. 
    • The Chief Minister, who was presiding over a meeting on State Resident Data Base (SRDB) here today, said that the ‘Digital Haryana Cell’ would   resolve  the problems being faced in the effective implementation of e-governance projects, implementing new initiatives and would also keep  a close watch on the new developments taking place in the field of e-governance in the world. The Cell, which would have IT experts experienced in   government sector, would soon start functioning in this area, he added.
    • Mr Manohar Lal said  the Cell would prove a step forward in giving a major push to Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi’s vision of Digital India. Haryana is counted among the most advanced States in the country in the field of e-governance owing to its  path breaking initiatives taken  by the present State Government. “Our aim is to make Haryana the best State in this field”, he said adding that Haryana is the ‘Focus State’ in the ongoing India International Trade Fair (IITF) being organized in New Delhi with the theme Digital India. He said that today everybody realized that Haryana has made remarkable progress in the field of e-governance, but much more needs to be done.
    • While reviewing the progress made to set  up  State Resident Data Base (SRDB), the Chief Minister said that the objective of SRDB is to get an authentic data of population of the State so that the benefit of schemes of various departments could be provided to the eligible beneficiaries only. He also stressed the need for a family ID having a unique code.
    • The Chief Minister directed the concerned officers to devise a foolproof system for registration of births, deaths and marriages  in the State. He asked Chief Secretary Mr D.S Dhesi to issue directions to the Deputy Commissioners to ensure hundred per cent birth registration in their respective districts. He appreciated that, 82 per cent work of birth registration in the State has already been completed and the remaining 18 per cent work would soon be completed.  He said that marriage registration should be made mandatory  and directed the officers to ensure registration of social marriages under the relevant Act.
    • Among those present in the meeting included Haryana Chief Secretary Mr D.S. Dhesi, Additional Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Dr Rakesh Gupta, OSD Mr Neeraj Daftuar, Additional Chief Secretary Food and Supplies, Mr S.S. Prasad, Principal Secretary, Industries, Electronics and IT, Mr Devender Singh, Principal  Secretary Social Justice and Empowerment, Mr Amit Jha, Principal Secretary Monitoring and Coordination Mr T.C. Gupta, Principal Secretary Power Mr Anurag Rastogi, Principal Secretary Employment, Mr A.K Singh and other senior officers of the State Government.