• Oct 17, 2019 |

Skill Development & Industrial Training Department, Haryana

´╗┐News Details

  • Women police stations would be set up at every district headquarter in the state: CM 14-04-2015

    Chandigarh, April 14– Women police stations would be set up at every district headquarter in the state, people belonging to the Scheduled Castes would get the benefit of reservation in promotions, and cases filed against them during the struggle would be withdrawn This was disclosed by the Chief Minister, Mr Manohar  Lal, while speaking on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar. Paying rich tributes to Dr Ambedkar, he said that everyone should learn a lesson from his life and follow the path shown by him. The birth anniversary of the great leader was celebrated with great enthusiasm with the Chief Minister presiding over functions in Rohtak and Kurukshetra.        Referring to the issue of benefit of reservation in promotions, Mr Manohar Lal said that keeping in view the interests of SCs, the state government has decided to implement the recommendations of the Raghavendra Rao Committee. The BJP Government has provided SCs big  relief by presenting the data in the high court. Any doubts regarding promotions would come to end by July 2015.         Giving big relief to those belonging to SCs, the Chief Minister said that cases filed against those who had struggled for their rights, would be withdrawn. He also announced setting up of a statue of Martyr Ravinder Jangra along with the statue of Dr Ambedkar at Baba Bhimrao Ambedkar Park located on Rohtak-Jhajjar road. The state government would soon provide 100-sq-yard plots in rural areas to the SCs.         He said that work related to Aadhar Cards had been completed to the extent of 85 per cent and the remaining 15 per cent would be done by June 30. After that, it would be easy to identify eligible and non-eligible beneficiaries of social security pensions and other welfare schemes. Pension would be provided to all eligible beneficiaries through banks, he added.         The Chief Minister said that laws and rules were made for the people the state government would not hesitate to make any changes in them for their betterment. The state government is also considering providing compensation to tenants, labourers and other related sections affected by natural disasters. It aims to providing compensation to every single affected person. Any decision in this regard would not be taken by an officer, employee or panchayat, but by the gram sabha, he added. While paying rich tributes to Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, BJP Incharge, Haryana affairs, Mr. Anil Jain, said that the government would set up an international level institution after the name of Dr. Ambedkar at Delhi. Rohtak MLA, Mr. Manish Grover, also spoke on this occasion. Earlier, speaking in Kurukshetra, the Chief Minister said that the state government would work to realize the dreams of eminent personalities like Dr Ambedkar and was thinking along the lines of ‘Ek Haryana Ek Haryanvi’. No casteism and discrimination would be allowed in the state. Development would be undertaken by taking all sections of the people along and efforts would be made to uplift those who lagged behind.         He laid the foundation stone of Ambedkar Bhawan and first floor of the hostel being constructed by Bharat Ratna Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar Welfare Committee at Sector 8, Kurukshetra. He gave Rs 25 lakh to the institution. The Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Mr. Krishan Kumar Bedi, who presided over the function, MLA Thanesar, Mr. Subhash Sudha and MLA Ladwa, Dr. Pawan Saini also announced to give grant of Rs 11 lakh each.        The Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Mr. Krishan Kumar Bedi welcomed the Chief Minister and congratulated people on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Dr. Ambedkar.  The Chief Minister honoured various persons who had donated Rs 1 lakh or more for the institution for setting up Ambedkar Bhawan and Hostel. The Chief Minister honoured former Minister, Mr. M.L. Ranga, Mr. R.R.Phulia, Mr. Devraj Sirohiwal, Mr. Joginder Singh Lathar, Mr. Ram Kumar Ranga, Mr. Bhajan Singh Canada, Mr. Mool Chand Gupta, Mr. Gyan Chand Gupta, Mr. Haridutt, Mr. Subhash Chand, Mr. Madan Lal, Mr. Sandeep,Dr. R.B. Langyan, Mr. Krishan Singh Mehra and othes by presenting them memento and shawl.