- Skip to main content
Excise and Taxation
- The new Excise Policy-2015 was implemented.
- A scheme would be started to honour three persons in every district for paying maximum tax.
- The State Government is committed towards implementing Goods and Services Tax (GST) in the state from April 1, 2016.
- User Acceptance Test was completed successfully through e-commerce to receive electronic filing return of VAT assessment.
- In view of making allotment of liquor vends transparent and corruption free, the auction of liquor vends during the financial year 2015-16 is being done through e-tender.
- E-Registration, E-Payment and E-Filing method of return would be adopted from June 30, 2015 for facilitating the traders.
- The facility of obtaining ‘C’ Form online would be given to dealers from May 2015.
- E-Permit and E-Pass would be provided excise contractors from June 2015.
- In order to promote organic farming for environment and soil health, the rate of VAT on organic fertilizers have been reduced from five per cent to zero.
- The rate of VAT has been reduced from 12.5 per cent to five per cent on LED lights, pipe fitting and on use of free fev steel structure so as to promote their use.