• Oct 15, 2019 |

Skill Development & Industrial Training Department, Haryana

´╗┐News Details

  • CM directed the officers to make concerted efforts to make education job oriented. 16-12-2015

    • Chandigarh December 16: Haryana Chief Minister Mr Manohar Lal directed the officers to make concerted efforts to make education job oriented. Mr Manohar Lal, who was presiding over a meeting with the senior officers of Higher Education Department here today, said that the State government is committed to provide quality education to the students in the State.
    • He said that students should be encouraged to enroll themselves in ITIs, skill development and other professional courses rather than opting for simple graduation as it would enable them to get better employment opportunities. The Chief Minister was informed that it was for the first time in the State that on the directions of Chief Minister, a comprehensive scientific mapping of colleges was done to assess the requirement of new colleges in the State. The mapping was done on various parameters including present number of colleges (Government or Aided and Self Financing) in a district, total 10+2 pass out students (CBSE and Haryana Board of School Education) stream wise, total students enrolled in various colleges in the academic year 2014-15, literacy rate in the district alongwith population, assuming 30 per cent Gross Enrolment Ratio of total 10+2 pass out students, assuming that we ought to have at least 400 students to start a college and distances between government colleges.
    • He was informed that the Gross Enrollment Ratio in higher education is 30 per cent in Haryana which is higher than the national level. The Chief Minister directed the officers to get a survey conducted from the government or any other agency to analyze the status of remaining 70 per cent of students. In the meeting Additional Chief Secretary, Higher Education Mr Vijai Vardhan requested the Chief Minister to approve a policy for the higher education department on the pattern of school education and health department for re-engaging the retired teaching staff till the appointment of regular teachers.
    • Haryana Education Minister Mr Ram Bilas Sharma, Finance and Industries Minister Capt. Abhimanyu, Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Mr R.K Khullar, Additional Chief Secretary Finance Mr Sanjeev Kaushal and other senior officers were also present in the meeting.